What exactly does a Dental Assistant do?
- Seats and prepares patients
- Maintains and prepares treatment rooms and instruments
- Assists dentist at chairside during patient treatment
- Prepares and delivers dental materials
- Provides postoperative patient instructions
- Oversees infection control program
- Performs radiographic procedures
- Performs basic laboratory procedures (e.g., pouring impressions to create diagnostic casts)
- Provides assurance and support for the patient
- Performs only those intra-oral (inside mouth) procedures that are legal in the state in which the Expanded Functions Dental Assistant practices
*Excerpt from Modern Dental Assisting, 9th Edition
If you’d like to learn more about the exciting career of dentistry, call us today at (801)369-1563.